What's new

Petrified Wood

Righteous

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 26, 2019
Messages
9
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A nice older lady closing her antique shop gave me this. She had told me her and husband used to Fóssil hunt in Wyoming where this came from.
Any information you can tell me about it?
 
Got a insect today.
 
The Petrified Wood slab looks like...a T-Bone steak. Cool fossils. You're in the right place at the right time it sounds like, but it's sad to know a shop is getting closed down. I can't add too much to your query other than the western states have a lot of really nice fossil sites...I buy these fish fossils from a guy out in Wyoming who visits the local gem and mineral show here each year. They're in the same looking matrix as your 'insect' fossil pictured here. The site is in Kemmerer, WY. Arizona I think has the 'petrified forest' out there...I have a piece of reddish pet wood from out there, among some other specimens from all over.
 
I have a fish fossil also. First thing I got from that lady when we first moved to this area. I’m collecting these for my granddaughter so she can have something that Walmart don’t sell.
 
Cool find I've always wanted one of those. Nice of her to gift that to you
 
Well place is closed but not before I got a beautiful piece from the blue forest.
 
Found another pretty piece
 
Very nice pieces! :icon_thumright:
It's too bad a nice shop like that is closing down...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom