What's new

pics of finds

axehead

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2007
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
here are the pics I said I would post. any ideas of tribes or time frame? the area I found these are south of interstate 70 along the wabash river.
 

Attachments

  • axe.webp
    axe.webp
    74.6 KB · Views: 296
  • best points.webp
    best points.webp
    48.5 KB · Views: 288
  • points.webp
    points.webp
    79.9 KB · Views: 272
Upvote 0
Wonderful stuff axehead,those stone tools really get me going as I never was able to find any while I was living in Illinois.Everybody around me could , even to the extent of a friend finding an axe in some fill at his concrete jobsite.It was disc struck numerous times and really not to pretty to look at but what are the odds?Anyway your pictures inspired me to post these various Illinois finds.These are not mine and I felt very priviledged to even be able to view such fine examples of what the area that I lived in had to offer.
Jay

100_1045.jpg

100_1044.jpg

100_1028.jpg

100_1050.jpg
 
That is some collection!!!

Fossis.................
 
jay, you got to be kidding me. that stuff is incredible!!

colin
 
Pardon me whilst I wipe the drool from my chin!!!!


All I can say we WOW. You wouldnt find that much hardstone in a lifetime of searching here, and those spears and blades are outstanding. I dont think I would have ever left that place....he might have had to weigh me before I left to make sure I wasnt carrying any 'extra pounds.'....LOL

Atlantis
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom