What's new

Pics of my points

Zeke

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
367
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Heres some of the arrowheads I found when I was hunting them hard. The empty spaces are where I sold my nicer ones like a dummy ::) :'(

Also a pic of a few "heart breakers" and ?more than likely a fake Thunderbird. I bought a display case that had it in the middle and some crudly made thick points that look fake. I just wanted the T-Bird cause it looked neat.
 

Attachments

  • arrowheads1.webp
    arrowheads1.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 797
  • arrowheads2.webp
    arrowheads2.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 781
  • arrowheads3.webp
    arrowheads3.webp
    32.6 KB · Views: 774
Upvote 0
Nice collection!, Zeke
I've always heard you can find those around here, Indiana, I guess I'll have to get out of town more often...
First I've heard of the Thunderbirds, Pretty cool...
 
Its an interesting piece.

Heres a better pic.
 

Attachments

  • Thunderbird.webp
    Thunderbird.webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 748
Very cool,,, What was it they used those for? , or was it just an ornamental piece?
I simply love this hobby and this forum... There's always something to learn...
 
I believe them to be ceremonial. I have a black slate point that is broken in half. The neat thing about it is there is clearly a WELL DETAILED wing of an Ealge spread out carved into the face of it! I used to hunt for Native American Artifacts every day during the summers as a teen in the North Georgia Mountains. Mostly Cherokee and Creek stuff; however, I have found a few older points. My prize possession is an Axehead made out of the Basalt rock that can be found 100 yards away from where I discovered the axe in the bed of the Toccoa River.

Gunner
 
My Point looks like the one in the left bottum corner of the second picture!It is a little wider and of a redish brown colored rock.1-1/2 inch wide by 2-1/2 inches long. Point on both sides one egde looks like iut was still being worked on though.
 
Very nice collection. Looks like you have a few Paleo pieces there? The Paleo stuff intrigues me most of all although I've never found anything older than Archaic.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom