What's new

Pigeon Water Cave?

JM

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 19, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Could anybody give me any info on it. I have been to grassy gap were the old house foundation is but I don't know were to go after that. I have been on the Pine Mountain trail and I have been over in lower pigeon years ago but I have never been able to find the cave.
 
HI,

Wrong gap. Pigeon is northeast of there near the drain below Jesse's Gap. There are two entrances. I recommend the upper entrance. It's a very dangerous cave and you really should have caving experience to explore it. Vertical gear is necessary is you want to explore more of the cave.

Sincerely,
Cavers5
 
Hi,

Yes, we have the location marked on our maps.

Chat with ya soon,
Cavers5
 
I thought that cave was at Ashcamp? Then which one am I thing of?
 
There is one at Ashcamp, called Ashcamp Cave or some call it Grand Central Station Cave.

The other one is Pigeon Water Cave, or some call it the Water Cave

Ashcamp cave is northeast of Pigeon Water Cave

Cavers5
 
How can I look at the Map to Pigeon water cave?
 
go on you tube, type in pigeon water cave. takes you all the way. if they still have it?
 
There's a video on youtube, but it dosen't show the location on a map.
 
I am also trying to find pigeon water, watched YouTube and even though I know the area well . Looking for somebody to check it out with as it looks a bit treacherous
 
According to Bill Gibson it is very dangerous, and at one point he talked about being above an underground river on a narrow ledge. I'm sure there is a reason it is not on maps, and not much published about it....especially if Mr. Gibson found what he found in that cave some 50+ years ago.
 
This is true none the less I’m definitely excited to see it considering it’s right down the road from me
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom