What's new

Planning a trip to FL Panhandle Need Advice

otlew

Greenie
Joined
Apr 12, 2010
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Friendswood, TX
We have a family trip planned to the panhandle, probably Pensacola or further east. Just wondering what the rules and regulations are for hunting the beaches in the Florida Panhandle. Maybe some guidance on the beaches in that area. I will only be there a couple of days so I want to use my time wisely. Any advice would be appreciated.
 
Upvote 0
I have never seen or been to any beaches near Pensacola, if there are any, so I cant say about that area. But Destin is nice, Panama City Beach is nice. No detecting restrictions on beach below high tide lines, and in water. Most places you can detect up to dune, but maybe at some motels they wont want you digging up their beach, up on the beach. State parks and national parks you cannot metal detect. Anywhere you go, always fill your holes. And take all trash out.
 
Thanks stevemc,

We have decided to make our first stop Panama City and so I will put in some time at the Panama City Beach.

Good tips on beach behavior, or anywhere for that matter. I am going on my fifth year detecting and have seen the aftermath of careless and inconsiderate detectorist and beach goers in general.

I remember reading an article in the paper that stated many beach injuries were caused by stepping in holes left by children digging in the sand. As we know, the inconsiderate parents are the ones responsible for that.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom