Played with fire and got burned today

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started off the morning dumping $2K in worthless clad halves, nothing special. Then I saw a bank I had scored bags of coin from in the past, from their coin counter. I stopped in, despite having left my gram scale at home, which I use to weigh coin bag to verify amounts. You know where this is going..

I ask for all the half, quarter, and dime bags. The manager obliges with $789 between the three denominations. I net a 54 and 67 halves, and 1 lonely 62 rosie. Skunk on the quarters.

Long story short, the quarter bag was exactly $100 short. :BangHead:

If I had my scale with me I would have caught on. I still plan on stopping in and asking if they are +$100 on the vault drawer.

Stay safe out there! :laughing7:

Upvote 0

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
namster said:
Started off the morning dumping $2K in worthless clad halves, nothing special. Then I saw a bank I had scored bags of coin from in the past, from their coin counter. I stopped in, despite having left my gram scale at home, which I use to weigh coin bag to verify amounts. You know where this is going..

I ask for all the half, quarter, and dime bags. The manager obliges with $789 between the three denominations. I net a 54 and 67 halves, and 1 lonely 62 rosie. Skunk on the quarters.

Long story short, the quarter bag was exactly $100 short. :BangHead:

If I had my scale with me I would have caught on. I still plan on stopping in and asking if they are +$100 on the vault drawer.

Stay safe out there! :laughing7:

Ouch. Damn bro that sucks. I'm here I am mad about the bank forgetting my orders....I'm sure you will figure a way to get your money back :p

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
One bank that I use to buy from I purchased quarters from and as you know, got $26 worth of WON instead of quarters.

Another time, same bank, was short $19 in halves.. I knew the bag felt light.

I am planning on picking up pennies from them next, their coin machines shoots coins of all denominations into all bags it seems, I should break even in a year or so from the extra coin in the pennies, at least I hope I will :D

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sucks you got screw on the quarters but already got some silver

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I chalk the $100 up to cost of doing business. Im more mad at myself for not following my OWN protocols.

HH everyone!

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
If they were over a hundo then there's a good chance you'll get your money back. If they shelled out an extra $100+/- during the same day somehow, then you might be out of luck. I hope you get it back. Let's see, what is $100 nowadays? Oh yes. One tank of gas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread