What's new

Please help ID?

cornspike

Full Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
156
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Old West
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-70, 5in dd coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found at an old Southwest RR Camp, 1890-1950 time. Any Ideas?
 

Attachments

  • march 2010 hunt 004.webp
    march 2010 hunt 004.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 310
  • march 2010 hunt 012.webp
    march 2010 hunt 012.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 306
  • march 2010 hunt 004.webp
    march 2010 hunt 004.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 310
  • march 2010 hunt 012.webp
    march 2010 hunt 012.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 324
I don't know what the object is, but it is from the Victorian period. The open faced roses were used more in the early part of the period; whereas, roses with overlapping pedals were used in later Victorian design. Nice find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Breezie!! I thought you would know... I just wish I knew what it went to? Was it worn or attached to something else?
 
Upvote 0
Can you post a pic of the back of it? Also, what is it made out of, and what are the exact dimensions? ;D Breezie
 
Upvote 0
More pics!! and made of brass.
 

Attachments

  • march 2010 hunt 014.webp
    march 2010 hunt 014.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 216
  • march 2010 hunt 013.webp
    march 2010 hunt 013.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 225
Upvote 0
Is there anything on the back that denotes any type of connection point(s)? Are there any tiny holes anywhere? It is some type of Victorian 'stamping,' but I'm trying to figure out to what it was attached or its purpose. The ones below are repros, but many of the repros were made from antique molds. Some were used as jewelry; some as decor for furniture. We sold an antique secretary that had a stamping much like yours on the inside center pigeon hole drawer, but there were 2 pinholes w/ tiny brass tacks that held it in place. I'm not sure if those holes were original or not and/or if it was originally glued onto the piece without the holes. Breezie
 

Attachments

  • VictorianStampings.webp
    VictorianStampings.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 172
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom