Please search all items before donating or selling at your garage sale!!!!!!!

Emileel

Jan 4, 2009
If you are donating ANYTHING with pockets, drawers, purses with zippered sides, you get the idea, PLEASE search it thoroughly for your own good!

I picked up a fabulous leather computer bag at a Sal Army Thrift store last weekend. Looking through it, I found a very discreet velcro side pocket that was very easy to miss. I side I found the previous owner's original warranty Deed for the purchase of some real estate, original signed settlement statement, and original signed promissory note along with ALL of their closing papers. This included their mortgage application with the most intimate financial details of their life and their social security numbers, addresses, work information, etc.

I know what kind of damage that can do in the wrong hands to someone's life so I immediately put it into a large envelope, wrote a quick post it on it explaining where I had found the packet and mailed it to their home address(which of course was in the closing papers).

PLEASE thoroughly search anything you sell or donate, it sounds like common sense, but obviously its not for everyone!!!. ???

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago my great aunt died and we went through her house,she had been living in it since 1940 and had lots of old stuff,I got a whole lot of books and 2 old dressers and some coins,jewelry,etc..When I got home and started looking through the books I started finding $1 bills in them,I thought that maybe they were used as bookmarks or something.Well I started to find more and more$1,$2 bills and lots of $20's in all I had about $900 , I asked other family members that had helped us what I should do,or if they wanted some,my aunt told me to keep it and that they to had found about $500 in the stuff they took.I guess my aunt didn't like banks.
P.S. my uncle found around $3000 in the freezer,wrapped up in paper. ???

OP
OP
Emileel

Emileel

Jan 4, 2009
Its amazing where people will store important papers, money and jewelry. Just keep that in mind when donating anything. :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions