What's new

Point with personality

Dug

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2013
Messages
1,141
Reaction score
1,264
Golden Thread
0
Location
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As my schedule begins to clear I will post more pics of points I have found in the SC Lowcountry. FYI: The soil here in the coastal area of the SC Lowcountry is for the most part sandy and lacking in stones and rocks so the only distractor when eyeballing points would be oyster shell. The closest source of Agate/Chert is about 40 miles west so any pieces found in the field were brought in by humans.

I found this point in a plowed field in Seabrook SC and it is my favorite due to the colorations. As mentioned in a previous post I know very little about points but willing to learn.
SBF..webp
SBB..webp
 
Upvote 0
Very pretty and I can see why it's your favorite. It looks like it could be a Palmer like the one in my avatar and that would date it early Archaic/late Paleo transition if it is. Great find!
 
Yes real pretty material! I have heard of people in areas like you're talking about dragging a machete through the sand in known campsites in order to locate artifacts underneath with some success. Good Luck!
 
Yes real pretty material! I have heard of people in areas like you're talking about dragging a machete through the sand in known campsites in order to locate artifacts underneath with some success. Good Luck!

That's crazy. Kind of sounds like trying to drink the ocean with a spoon.
 
Mighty handsome point right there :thumbsup: You just keep eye-ballin' those nice points, and we'll keep cheering you on ;)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom