What's new

Points From Last Weekend

garren

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2008
Messages
519
Reaction score
1,330
Golden Thread
1
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the chance to hunt some points in Louisiana last weekend. We met a couple of guys from Instagram who took us to some good spots. There were 4 of us and everyone found something.
I got to cross three "firsts" off of my list! First points from Louisiana, first bird point and first time to find pottery shards.

IMG_2172.webp IMG_2178.webp IMG_2176.webp
 
Upvote 0
Pretty good hunt for everyone. Is that little point you found a Friley? Also looks like Jake found a broke eared SanPatrice if I'm looking right
 
Pretty good hunt for everyone. Is that little point you found a Friley? Also looks like Jake found a broke eared SanPatrice if I'm looking right


Yes, they told me the bird point was a Friley and I remember Jake mentioning that the San Patrice is one of his favorite type of points.
 
That's a good day's haul.

Very nice examples too.

Everybody got lucky.

The white quartz or flint (which is it?) is beautiful.

I like Chris's serrated point a lot, too.
 
That's a good day's haul.

The white quartz or flint (which is it?) is beautiful.

I like Chris's serrated point a lot, too.

I'm not positive on the white material but I'm guessing a quartz type material. It doesn't have that "creamy" coloration like flint or chert. More of a fractured crystalline look to it.
Me and Chris were the amateur "guests" and Jake and Cody were the "guides". They got pretty excited about Chris' point. They said it was an Evans with really nice serrations along the edge.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom