What's new

Polarbear plunge

47thelement

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These activities are everywhere this time of the year. Has anybody ever hunted the waters the day after one?
 
Upvote 0
I haven't yet, but that's an excellent idea...if I could find my way to a beach .....tons of snow here.

Here's a bona fide Polar bear plunge :laughing7:
 

Attachments

  • polar bear.webp
    polar bear.webp
    51.1 KB · Views: 361
Don't bother detecting where Lorraine's polar bear took a plunge!!! Looks like he already took his jewelery off :tongue3:
 
I have. I hunt the Jacksonville one. They get a very large turnout. The best drops are in the dry sand. Most individuals don't linger in the water. They plunge in the drink for a brief dip, but rush out as fast as possible. It is the "staging" area where they are in a rush to dry off and put on clothes. In their haste and with the numbness in their extremities, I've been fortunate to recover rings. A very few are keepers (owners who have left the area). I'm there to offer my services for those that have lost their items and are willing to pay a reward. Easy money.
 
The next day you got to be kidding I am not getting in 50 degree water when it is below freezing out side. I will hunt it after it warms up outside but not in the dead of winter......Matt
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom