What's new

Possible 8 Maravedis?

Bully1970

Greenie
Joined
Jan 7, 2019
Messages
15
Reaction score
60
Golden Thread
0
Location
Jersey (the original one)
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach hunter - beach
XP Deus - land
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug this on the beach with the TDI Beachunter, its not in great condition but some markings still on it. Any input and info appreciated, thanks in advance.

Fig 3.webp
Fig 4.webp
 
Looks good to me.

What beach... state that is... just general idea.... might lead to a clue to its origin.

Also i might add that it looks like fire damaged.
 
Looks good to me.

What beach... state that is... just general idea.... might lead to a clue to its origin.

Also i might add that it looks like fire damaged.
St Aubins Bay here in Jersey, small Island off France. Lots of finds in general from this beach...low tide find and we have big tidal movements here. Interesting if fire damaged.....there are wrecks in this bay but I know of none with regards to fire but who knows! :-) What is the story behind these coins as they seem very crude? thanks in advance
 
Well IF in fact it is a Maravedis... there is information regarding them in various sites online.

At first glance it looks good to me... i did not research your coin... only piped in on looking good.

Perhaps someone here can shed more light and ID it definitively.
 
Very cool. I'd venture maravedis as well if its bronze copper looking. I've got a few and it fits the bill although it does look melted. I need to come for a detecting visit!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom