invent4hir
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Aug 1, 2017
- Messages
- 2,318
- Reaction score
- 3,899
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- Whites V3i & DFX
- Primary Interest:
- Other
All, this artifact was found near a home built by a Quaker family in 1833. The home has been inhabited ever since and the property farmed.
With all the gears and graduated stem I thought it could be part of a clock or multi-function switch. It is 1” wide and 1” high. No identifying marks. Most of it is brass I think, except for the gray-colored piece with many of the teeth missing.
Any help w/ ID would be appreciated.
With all the gears and graduated stem I thought it could be part of a clock or multi-function switch. It is 1” wide and 1” high. No identifying marks. Most of it is brass I think, except for the gray-colored piece with many of the teeth missing.
Any help w/ ID would be appreciated.








