What's new

Pre-1999 bills getting harder to find?

Immy

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2005
Messages
2,999
Reaction score
874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go thru a lot of money everyday and I'm finding that bills 1995 and older are becoming more and more uncommon. I love looking for web notes (http://www.quadrigaancients.com/web/) but the last year they made them was '95 so I have fewer to search from. Just curious if others notice this.
 
I've noticed that as well. The other day I got a hundred that was the old design and it really stood out.
 
I haven't found any pre-1999 bills since last year when I got a crisp 1988A $10 from the bank.
 
Amazing, no sooner do I put this thread up and I get a Web note in my change - 1988A - only the third I've ever found from that series. Pretty crisp too.

Wonder if saved bills are being spent in these tough times.
 
Immy said:
Wonder if saved bills are being spent in these tough times.

It is highly likely that you are correct. I believe that bills - like coins - are being pulled out of the back of the drawer or out of the collections and being spent.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom