What's new

ProScoop modification...No good...NEW

Montauk3

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
907
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Something I'm trying out to see if it improves my retrieval rate.
The 90 deg. angle is a bit awkward to me so I reversed the handle mounting bracket and added two straps across the back to secure the handle.

The handle angle is now about 30 deg. A bit much, I know, but at this time I'm calling it a prototype. Any ideas?

If, after a few test tries in the surf it is not practical, I'll just unmodify it.

Ralph


First try was very clumsy, so the second try.
I deleted the first tryout.
 

Attachments

  • mod1.webp
    mod1.webp
    47.5 KB · Views: 165
  • mod2.webp
    mod2.webp
    50 KB · Views: 153
  • mod3.webp
    mod3.webp
    50.2 KB · Views: 168
  • mod4.webp
    mod4.webp
    34.2 KB · Views: 149
  • mod5.webp
    mod5.webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 152
  • mod6.webp
    mod6.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 150
Upvote 0
Re: ProScoop modification

I sure hate a straight one, but that might be a lil much, but I guess ya won't know til ya try it...
 
Re: ProScoop modification

Just a thought, but you could go to a muffler shop and have them bend an aluminum pipe to suit you.
 
Re: ProScoop modification

Thanks, something to consider is right.
 
Re: ProScoop modification

Montauk3 said:
Any ideas?

Good idea on the mod, I also dislike the 90 deg. angled scoops, especially in the winter. The Nutall scoop is what I use. Even that can be angled a little more for my liking. You should look into getting a whole new handle bracket made with a more appropriate angle, shouldn't be that difficult to get done.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom