Pulled the trigger....

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
An ordered the 9.5 x 5 Elliptical DD High Frequency Coil, it'll be in later this week. Been using the X-35 but I've been reading about all the great finds these HF coils have been making, hopefully after some time under my belt with it it'll start producing quality finds like the ones posted here on T-Net. If anyone has any suggestions or comment regarding the differences between the x-35 and the new HF coil, please feel free to chime in, I'd love the advice, suggestions or comments. Thanks in advance... "D"

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great choice! :occasion14:

Thats all I have been using on the Deus since I put it on a few years ago. The large coil on a few times since, and now I can't seem to get the switch over done on the machine. (sending in for a complete upgrade and a few other minor issues)
Really love the coil in the fields, bush, rough terrain.
I seem to be running it in the 74 range, Deus fast, 0 Disc., 2 Reactivity, 90-95 sensitivity, ( Have to learn about the iron setting yet) in the x/y setting (or what ever the setting is called)
Mainly hunt cellar, homestead, relic
It works great around corn stalk stubble as on can interweave down the rows, and it fits between the stalks most times.
I have dug lots of .22cal lead and it sounds off no problem, and I figure at 6" I'm not going to be missing much else.
In the iron it works great was it seems to pick out the non-ferrous out of multi ferrous targets. It's a hard one to find sometimes as the bent sq.nails will give out a certain signal that could be, then in the hole it's a half dozen of them, and an actual target that it picked up.
There's a few iron sites I just dig, use the high strength magnet to gleam all the iron from the soil, then go over it again to see if it was a good target. It's faster than pinpointing multi targets it seems.

Over all I don't think I will be changing all to often, as it's not acres I cover once I'm on a site anyways. 200' x 200' is an acre of dirt.

Get a 1000hrs on the machine then one starts to have a relationship with the machine.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread