What's new

Pulled three ringer and model T valve stem dust cover....FIRST EVER HUNT

sheepdog

Jr. Member
Joined
May 6, 2015
Messages
22
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mid TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
AT Pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20150513_155921.webp
hope I uploaded those right.

first hunt ever. Using my new AT Pro. Found what I thought was a civil war hollow point but turns out apparently its a pulled 3 ringer. When soldiers needed to unloaded without firing they used a screw tool to remove the bullet much like today's muzzleloaders. This one has screw marks in the tip. Also I was unsure what the green items was but after research found its a 1907 model T valve stem dust cover. It is brass and has colored over the years. It says Schrader Universal valve / E NY USA then has an April date then July 9-07. besides those I found a '73 Lincoln and some trash. But was happy with my bullet and valve cover! HH
 
Upvote 12
20150513_154804.webp20150513_154738.webp
sorry here's the bullet
 
That's a great start!!
 
Two excellent finds! Congratulations.
 
Thanks yall :thumbsup:
 
Nice start to a horrible addiction we call a hobby
 
Nice keep on digging ! :coffee2: All the old valve stem covers I have found out here resemble small screwdriver handles, never seen one like yours before out here, still valve covers come in lots of varieties maybe yours is a fancy after-market one.
 
Last edited:
Congrats. It took me 40+ years to find my first three ringer. Way to go.

JimK
 
Thanks everyone. Loving the hobby and forums.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom