What's new

Pulled Three Ringer with Worm

Dharmacy

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
466
Reaction score
908
Golden Thread
0
Location
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Varies with location and conditions.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a three ringer that was loaded backwards then pulled breaking off the worm that is still embedded into the base. Recovered Johnston's River Line, Atlanta, GA.

D.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    114.7 KB · Views: 123
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    60.5 KB · Views: 106
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    78.2 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 0
That is a one of a kind! Can't say I have one of them, that I like!
 
I was just looking at your picture and I can almost imagine during the chaos of battle I bet there were a good many loaded upside down, I wonder if you got the ball to seat could it be fired, my guess would be yes, how bout yours?
 
What a unique find! I'm with Joe G. You can only imagine the chaos and pressure that would cause someone to load upside down and then break the work off trying to get it out and reload I imagine.

Ken
 
This was loaded by a soldier obviously anxious in battle. I have read at times where there were some musket barrels found that were loaded in triplicate. These soldiers were fighting for dear life in the heat of battle and would not be aware that they were leading and not firing their weapon. Hard for one to imagine what they went through. That is a great find on the wormed bullet. I have yet to find one but it would be a thrill to dig one.
 
That soldier probably had a bad, bad day. When I go to the battlefields, skirmish sites or camps, I think of the poor souls who had to deal with, well, just everything.

Very interesting find.
 
Yes sir, those were not the good old days for sure. Hard times especially for the Southern People not only during the war years, but in the years that would follow in a thing called Reconstruction.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom