What's new

Quarter blank?!

djabend

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
766
Reaction score
69
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
A friend at work brought in a blank quarter his daughter found at work.
Here are some pictures, enjoy!
DSC033361.webp
DSC033351.webp
DSC033371.webp

HH,
Donny
 
Upvote 0
Amazing that a coin like that could get around as much as it apperantly has. Makes you wonder if it was a blank or is it worn blank.

Nice find. Great photos.

Mojo
 
Could be a metal spacer. But I am not sure from the looks of the rim it could be a worn blank.

Golden Silver
 
Yea it looks like it could be one with that raised rim. My friends girlfriend found a penny blank once in her cash register. :tongue3:
 
Hi there,
Yup that is a quarter blank(also known as a blank Planchet), you can tell by the raised rim. If you have a small digital scale you can weight it to see if it is genuine, it should be 5.67 grams. It not not worn blank because the rim would not be as present if the coin was completely worn blank. I have found several penny blanks, never a quarter.

Great find!

Jason
 
Nice blank planchet. Looks like it has spent some time in the casino slots.
 
Nice find!!! A very rare find too. First one I have seen on this board even. Pennies are hard enough to find but a quarter man that would stick out.

HH
-K
 
Let us know how much she weighs....I found what I think is a Half blank planchet, it looks good, but it only weighs 11.2 grams, I'm thinking someone may have ground it down :dontknow:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom