What's new

Question for the Nickel Searchers

Codes

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
1,031
Reaction score
98
Golden Thread
0
Location
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have any of you nickel searchers been getting rolls of nothing but brand new 2007 nickels lately?
 
Upvote 0
Funny you should say that WP. A small casino I search has been producing a ton of bright, shiny 07's in the last month or so. Since I'm looking for '08s it's driving me nuts!
 
A few rolls here and there, but not too many.
 
Yeah and it sucks! I usually try to get $20 worth from a bunch of different banks, in order to hopefully find someone's hand-wrapped oldies (which has happened to me 3 times now just with nickels) and probably one out of two stops I end up with 10 rolls of brand new 2007P nickels.
 
DrDetector, I have been doing the same thing. I get $20 worth from different banks and as time has passed, all my banks are getting the 2007's. The one exception was today when I got 10 rolls of 2006-D's. :(

Does anyone know when the 2008's are supposed to hit circulation?
 
I have hit the boxes of 2007 nickels, but my run of 14 boxes of 2007D was brutal with one exception, I did find a blank planchet. So always look for those in the new boxes.
 
I have found that if you do get a full BOX of any certain date/mint mark of nickel you can usually sell them on Ebay for roughly $120 to $150. You make a little bit of profit plus you get rid of 'rejects.' Of course you wouldn't get to look at them yourself for the blank planchets though.
 
I have never gotten a full box of new nickels. I used to regularly get full boxes of new dimes though. I kidded myself that it was my fault because of my 6 dime box a week habit. I tried teaching the tellers to screen out such boxes by looking through the holes. This worked at one bank and now I only get my dimes from them. Perhaps this is something that'd work for you?

I have never gotten full boxes of pennies either, but I have gotten boxes that are half brand new.

-Brian
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom