highnam
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Jan 23, 2012
- Messages
- 1,624
- Reaction score
- 1,710
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Western Washington
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
[SUP]I found this brake shoe in a 1912 railroad logging camp in Wa State.
The Company ran Shay and Climax locomotives in this hilly terrain. I can imagine this shoe was crucial in slowing down these locomotives loaded down with granddaddy Fir and Cedar.
I must have passed up on this target 50 times, but today I'm glad I went for it. What a cool old piece...[/SUP]
The Company ran Shay and Climax locomotives in this hilly terrain. I can imagine this shoe was crucial in slowing down these locomotives loaded down with granddaddy Fir and Cedar.
I must have passed up on this target 50 times, but today I'm glad I went for it. What a cool old piece...[/SUP]
Attachments
Upvote
6







