What's new

Railroad Rail ID

mick56

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2007
Messages
1,348
Reaction score
1,149
Golden Thread
1
Location
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
ATPro
I bought this chunk of railroad rail at a sale here in Central WI. It is a smaller size of rail, about 3-7/8" wide base, and 3-7/8" high. Probably a 50 pound per yard rail. The markings on the side are R. M. Co. 81. There may have been more, but that's all that shows. Can anyone identify the rail?
 

Attachments

  • 000_8371.webp
    000_8371.webp
    501.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 000_8372.webp
    000_8372.webp
    209.5 KB · Views: 93
I have a chunk like that too! I use it as an anvil. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
I was going to say L& M co.which was renamed the Family line which sold to the CSX years ago. The L& M was a good account of mine in the 70's. Couldn't see the first letter too well. That account was located in Memphis.
 
Upvote 0
I'm guessin' its either from the right-side or the left-side!:thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Small size rail was often used around coal mines in my area. My moms house has fence posts made from old coal mine rails. Gary
 
Upvote 0
Narrow guage, there was a line from bellvue to cascade in iowa. Either a line like that or a mine.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom