What's new

Raining today so.......

BerntOut

Full Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
160
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Location
South West USA
Detector(s) used
Deus, BlissTool V3, CTX, Vallon VCM1, ......forgot the others!
I was on my way to a sports field for a quick before it rains hunt this morning. It started to rain as I was leaving the post office. I said what the heck and walked across the street to the BoA. I have been wanting to do this for a while and a fellow MD friend had some recent luck roll hunting for silver. For my first roll hunt I picked up 18 rolls of Half dollars (all they had). Went home, fired up the pellet stove, brewed a cup of coffee changed into comfy clothes and started searching the rolls. The fifth roll had one 1969 Kennedy. Hey, 40% silver is still silver. I was quite happy and made the comment to my dog "where there is one, there are more". The 14th roll I noticed right away the rims were all silver, every last one of them a 1964 Kennedy! WTF I thought, how did this happen? Me thinks this is a good thing! The other rolls contained pure clad but what an exciting day and way easier than diggin in the dirt...NO I am not giving up MD but on rainy days you know what I'll be doing! Think I'll go buy some more rolls!
 

Attachments

  • P3020842.webp
    P3020842.webp
    60.1 KB · Views: 272
Upvote 0
YOU filthy dog you!! Congrats man!! Watch out though, you can't swing that MXT and carry boxes of halves for too long. You will look like Hulk Hogan by the end of the summer!! Nice score on those 90%ers.
 
And another CRH'er is born...
 
Nice find. Told ya!, there is still silver out there. Now, don't let jrf30 decide to take up metal detecting out there and beat you out of Wyatt Earp's belt buckle.
Congrats, and nice photo
rileyboy
 
Nice finds, solid silver rolls are great.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom