OP
OP
C

coloradocav

jeff of pa said:
Very Nice.

When Did You Find It.

Some Details ?
found it last fall after the corn was plowed down, this was a well used fort in the 1860's, lots of Indian skirmishes and massacres in the area. along with lots of buttons & bullets we dug a whole cannonball complete with the borman fuse. the real bummer was all the crumpled and broken crossed sabers laying around. Don't see many I.D. badges out here.thanks for the replys!

Fla-Gal

Feb 14, 2008
......my heart is touched by such a revered find....a reminder of those who served......and, you who will treasure this part of our history....do hope you have a link to War History so you might trace the family....thanks for sharing...

diggergrl

Jul 29, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
That is the Best Find I have seen on here all winter. Congratulations!

DG

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Fla-Gal said:
......my heart is touched by such a revered find....a reminder of those who served......and, you who will treasure this part of our history....do hope you have a link to War History so you might trace the family....thanks for sharing...

I agree...

ANY relic with a name attached to it is rare and in my opinion priceless.

Personaly, I would ALWAYS keep a class ring :tongue3: , but would try to find that badge owner's family.

I hope you enjoy that find! :thumbsup:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW!!!!Banner!!!

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
U.S. Civil War Soldiers, 1861-1865
Name: Martin Larkins
Side: Union
Regiment State/Origin: Nebraska Territory
Regiment Name: 1 Nebraska Cavalry.
Regiment Name Expanded: 1st Regiment, Nebraska Cavalry
COMPANY: G
Rank In: Private
Rank In Expanded: Private
Rank Out: Private
Rank Out Expanded: Private
Film Number: M547 roll 1

Possible brother ~vvvvvvvvvvv~

U.S. Civil War Soldiers, 1861-1865
Name: George Larkin
Side: Union
Regiment State/Origin: Nebraska Territory
Regiment Name: 1 Nebraska Cavalry.
Regiment Name Expanded: 1st Regiment, Nebraska Cavalry
COMPANY: G
Rank In: Private
Rank In Expanded: Private
Rank Out: Corporal
Rank Out Expanded: Corporal
Film Number: M547 roll 1

Source Information:
National Park Service. U.S. Civil War Soldiers, 1861-1865 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2007. Original data: National Park Service, Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, online <http://www.itd.nps.gov/cwss/>, acquired 2007.

http://www.itd.nps.gov/cwss/regiments.cfm

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
This needs to go in the "today's finds" forum with a better pic and it will hit the banner.
Nice find!
Newt

BLee

Feb 24, 2009
Hey Coloradocav, I detect areas in Nebraska that sound similar to what you hunt. I believe we have talked before on another forum a couple of years ago. Back before the wife and I started having our children I just got started hunting in cornfields in Nebraska and started finding some neat stuff. I believe you helped me ID a General Service Button I had found. Ring a Bell? Anyway the last couple of years I was lucky to get out maybe once in the spring and once in the fall. This spring I hope to get out more. I would like to chat with you sometime and see if we are focusing on some of the same type of areas.

Ironman!

Mar 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grrrreat recovery coloradocav! Being new to the TN forum I just now started to branch out and look at the other sites besides the Todays Finds site. I ventured over here because relic hunting is also my passion.

I can see that we share the same passion and you have found some incredible relics. This of course is one of the ultimates when you can ID the relic to a person and especially to that time in our nations history. WTG!!!

Keep the relics coming and sharing some more history with us!!

Ironman!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread