Rare Shenandoah Club bottle commemorates USS Shenandoah Airship

FloodcityTom

Jun 25, 2020
West Va
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher gold Bug, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found this bottle sticking out of the Construction trench that produced the previous days Civil war relics. I started doing research on it and discovered it was embossed with an Airship (or Zepplin) to Commemorate the Navy's USS Airship The Shenandoah which crashed in 1925 in Ohio killing 14 crewmen

The bottle is embossed with the Airship on each side and two stars, it has the number 29 N underneath so Im wondering if this was circa 1929 or thereabouts. If any of you bottle mavens can enlighten me I'd be greatful.

Once again I'm awestruck by the history behind the artifacts we TH'r's find !

Attachments

• ClubM (2).jpg
    ClubM (2).jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 87
  • club1 (2).jpg
    club1 (2).jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 49
  • club3 (2).jpg
    club3 (2).jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 51
Upvote 15

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found this bottle sticking out of the Construction trench that produced the previous days Civil war relics. I started doing research on it and discovered it was embossed with an Airship (or Zepplin) to Commemorate the Navy's USS Airship The Shenandoah which crashed in 1925 in Ohio killing 14 crewmen

The bottle is embossed with the Airship on each side and two stars, it has the number 29 N underneath so Im wondering if this was circa 1929 or thereabouts. If any of you bottle mavens can enlighten me I'd be greatful.

Very cool bottle and thanks for the history lesson. Congratulations

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Timbermaster

Oct 21, 2018
MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
Other
One of the more interesting bottles I’ve seen on here.

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That has got to be a collector item, I'm guessing much sought after, Be great to have in any collection of bottles , a bottle with historical significance

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's so cool! I found a medallion commemorating the rib laying for ZRS4 while detecting my parents property. Amazing piece of history!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread