What's new

Ratt Out of the Cellar

Oregon Viking

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2014
Messages
19,729
Reaction score
86,460
Golden Thread
0
Location
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On this day in 1984, Ratt unleashed Out of the Cellar—and the Sunset Strip was never the same.
Fueled by massive MTV rotation and relentless radio play, the album exploded on the strength of “Round and Round,” a track that still defines an era.
The record would go on to be certified triple platinum, launching Ratt straight to the front lines of the ‘80s glam metal takeover in Los Angeles.
Produced by Beau Hill, the album also delivers heavy hitters like “Wanted Man,” “Lack of Communication,” and a reworked “Back for More,” cementing it as one of the most iconic debuts of the decade.







 
Awesome! I’ve been listening to a lot of Ratt, my band played another gig a couple of weeks ago where they requested a variety of more “metal” songs. I Want a Woman was one of our songs so I listened to hours of Ratt and watched their vids because I tried to have the stage presence of each band’s singer.

We opened with Detroit Rock city, did wherever I may roam, I don’t believe in love, a modified version of bad boy boogie (bad girl boogie), I don’t know by Ozzy, heading out to the highway (my fave), symphony of destruction, unchained by Van Halen, and more. We wrapped with it’s a long way to the top by AC/DC and had a bagpiper for that one.
 
Awesome! I’ve been listening to a lot of Ratt, my band played another gig a couple of weeks ago where they requested a variety of more “metal” songs. I Want a Woman was one of our songs so I listened to hours of Ratt and watched their vids because I tried to have the stage presence of each band’s singer.

We opened with Detroit Rock city, did wherever I may roam, I don’t believe in love, a modified version of bad boy boogie (bad girl boogie), I don’t know by Ozzy, heading out to the highway (my fave), symphony of destruction, unchained by Van Halen, and more. We wrapped with it’s a long way to the top by AC/DC and had a bagpiper for that one.
Sounds like you are having fun ! Watching their videos is a great idea. I attended GIT in 1983 and Ratt was all over the sunset strip ! W.A.Sp., Dokken and motley Crue were there too. Fake ID's were easy to get. attitude was everywhere. I was a pretty damn good Guitar player so i got to hang out with a lot of those crazies... and if you were in... you were doing cocaine morning noon and night ! I'm glad I survived the 80's !! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6:

 
Hahaha wow! There was none of that there for us but I did have TWO Dr Peppers that night, so it’s not like I can’t get wild at all. But maybe it did make me a little rebellious, my dad still isn’t on board with me singing and smarted off about me being very Caucasian. So when my brother and I picked him and our mom up to take them to the airport I wore buckskin, moccasins, and painted my face. He said I made my point. 😬
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom