What's new

Ravens x two?

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2015
Messages
1,138
Reaction score
165
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only purchased one of these and the seller sent me both. Both Ravens??
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9939.webp
    IMG_9939.webp
    132.4 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_9940.webp
    IMG_9940.webp
    276.2 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_9941.webp
    IMG_9941.webp
    142.9 KB · Views: 131
From what I've learned, it used to be thought that these were made by Champion because they were sold in Bicentennial bags marketed by Champion. Later it was discovered that champion obtained many many red/white/blue marbles from Ravenswood and sold them in the Champion bags (must have been old stock because Ravenswood was already long out of business by 1976). Champion also made them but the colors are not as vibrant and the pattern is a little more like what you would expect from Champion. Cullet from these marbles was also found at the Ravenswood factory site, which sealed the deal.

The right marble also has a trait of Ravenswood you can see in all 3 pics (they all show the same side of the marble). Where the red ribbon ends, you can see where the glass stream was cut and it made a tongue that lapped onto the marble. Other makers can show this, but Ravenswood shows it quite a bit.

Hope that helps.
 
Last edited:
I'm not sure if these photos are helpful or not. (Assuming I have them in the right spot in my spool box!). The back row I have in with my Champions, and the front in with my Ravens. That said, I'm on the fence on the last two mibs in the front row.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9945.webp
    IMG_9945.webp
    541.2 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_9946.webp
    IMG_9946.webp
    461.6 KB · Views: 111

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom