What's new

Real-deal fossil this time!

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2009
Messages
2,356
Reaction score
405
Golden Thread
0
Ok then, I have the real thing this time, I found them Weds. I'm excited, it's black-as-black, hard-as-stone. All three are. I think the scat looking one must be a coral of some kind, and I have no idea on the other two except they are bone. Just making a wild guess, maybe the biggest one is, dare I say it, a piece of jawbone? When I compare it to the bison section I've got, they are very similar in size, but it would have to be a section without the teeth, because the spongy look,is all through the middle, the other side is kinda flat too, but without all the cracks. I guess there may not be enough of the leg-bone looking thing to identify, but I'm happy! maybe there are fossils in this part of the state! Ice age? Not as old as dinosaur?
 

Attachments

  • fossil.webp
    fossil.webp
    47.1 KB · Views: 406
  • fossil1.webp
    fossil1.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 393
  • fossil2.webp
    fossil2.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 395
  • fossil3.webp
    fossil3.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 404
  • fossil 4.webp
    fossil 4.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 390
NG, :icon_thumleft: they do look like fossil bone :headbang: but thats about all I can tell ya. Maybe Harry can tell you more. 8) 8) 8) :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom