What's new

Received from my bank

DrCaufield

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2013
Messages
92
Reaction score
37
Golden Thread
0
Received these from my bank while trying to pick up my usual coins. I don't know much about paper currency. These have any value other than $20 for the four of them.

Thanks for looking and your feedback
 

Attachments

  • image-2401133151.webp
    image-2401133151.webp
    75.5 KB · Views: 202
Not sure of any additional value but I have to comment - within the last 8 months I have received at least 6 old style bills a 2 old 50"s 2 old twentys and tens With the exception of the 50"S all came from auto checkout stations or ATMS , I think as times get hard people are spending the old bills they had stashed away at face value
 
Not sure of any additional value but I have to comment - within the last 8 months I have received at least 6 old style bills a 2 old 50"s 2 old twentys and tens With the exception of the 50"S all came from auto checkout stations or ATMS , I think as times get hard people are spending the old bills they had stashed away at face value


Agree I received a nearly uncirculated $100 the other day from the bank as well
 
the red seals are "United States notes"
the blue seals are "silver Certificates"
the brown seals are "National Currency"
the gold seals are "gold certificates'
most of the green seals are "federal Reserve notes"

they are all legal tender, but they are issued either backed (at the time) by different things of value OR by different authorities.

read this on the red notes...

United States Note - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom