Recent hunt yields GMI Cadet Button, ID ring, and 1838 Seated Half Dime.

JDug

Aug 15, 2012
Frederick Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's V3I , Minelab CTX 3030 , Cibola, Deus, ATPro, GPX 5000. 4800, 4500, & 3500.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Recently I've been mowing a clumpy hay field on my brigade camp and having some success. On this day the very 1st section yielded 3 great targets in a row. The GMI button, the 1st Confederate button from this camp, then the ID ring that more then likely belonged to T H Pigeons who was camped there for 5 months and then the 1838 half dime. I mowed 1 more section and finished out the day with a few odds and ends. After a year of digging this camp (CONSTANTLY) I found some of my best finds with a little extra effort. :thumbsup: HH

4-18 GMI.jpg 4-18 ring.jpg 4-18 seated.jpg 4-18.jpg fresh.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 8

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Davers , I'm super stoked about all of them especially finding them back to back to back. I was really stoked about the GMI button, but it hasn't got near the attention as the ring. It's the only confederate button I've dug on this site out of hundreds of buttons. I figured it to be pretty rare sense they were only in operation 10 years before the War and Sherman's army burnt it down in 1864.

After Chattanooga or Tunnel hill and Resaca Sherman burnt everything south of Atlanta.You are right though on the rarity of the GMI button.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread