Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
minelab ctx3030
garrett pin pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
relic found in colonial lowcountry sc

Hello fellow treasure-netters,
ive been fighting redbugs and ticks these past few months at a fascinating area which was once settled by early carolinians. The area flourished on this inland highground many miles from Charlestowne sc; Starting at the early era of late 1690's, and through the revolutionary war this area consisted of a small town within miles from a fully constructed and operational fortress .. ...the item in question was found in an area that has released many musket balls, torn/shredded iron fragments, pottery,shoe buckles, cooking ware etc... I had just excavated a colonial horse "snaffle" or watering stirrup, when this relic hollar'd at me from 3inches deep in the silky,yet musky lowcountry soil ........There's records involving the british being in a small indian partnership at the time, and skirmishing several times with the americans; then taking control over the town.....theres knowledge of the town having a small market in the midst of the 15 or so homesites.----------yep-a 'square nailed' nightmare-----------this item in question is HEAVY and has what seems like two individual (trigger??) parts that protrude from this flat 3 inch long base plate/piece, which also has a screw hole at one end near the tip. -The other side of the base plate consists of three layers that are squared, and is then mounted opposite of the two(trigger) pieces.....not saying its piece of a fire arm but resembles a trigger mechanism or assembly..... Everything i've researched has come up unrecognizable and more towards NOT being a trigger mechanism. ....the dual "trigger" mechanisms on this item are more side by side than in line like maybe a safety or a glamerous trigger assembly as or like a: plain striped maple stock american musket;circa 1770-1790. maybe a colonial tinder lighter??? im baffled please help- if the pictures are garbage please lemme know so i can try and catch some natural light shots tomorrow. thanx for looking

Attachments

• trigger 0ne.jpg
    trigger 0ne.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,054
  • trigger 0ne.jpg
    trigger 0ne.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,023
  • photo(7).JPG
    photo(7).JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,023
  • photo(6).JPG
    photo(6).JPG