REO Speedwagon

Seen REO at least 6 times over the years, last time was over 20 years ago, loved Gary Richrath's guitar work and he wrote Ridin The Storm Out.

On the "Riding The Storm Out" video my roommate and I were on vacation in Colorado one year in the dead of winter traveling through the mountains during a snow storm, a pickup truck came from the opposite direction with it's wipers broke, driver was driving with his head out the window, to see and his beard and eyebrows were completely iced over, on the stereo was playing "Riding The Storm Out" we both got a huge laugh from it since the words are and he was actually riding the storm out. "Ridin' the storm out, waitin' for the thaw out On a full moon night in the Rocky Mountain winter" and he was actually riding the storm out.

saw REO twice with Aerosomith & once with KISS that's all I can remember.

I never saw REO as the Headliner.

Slight chance they were the opening act for Ted Nugent too, but not 100% sure.

Last edited:
saw REO twice with Aerosomith & once with KISS that's all I can remember.

I never saw REO as the Headliner.

Saw them as headliner and as opening act.

nice songs

REO Speedwagon rocks. They were from a time when artists wrote much of their own music, actually played their instruments, and could actually sing and were talented musicians. Ahhhhhh, the days before all this Rap Crap, jmho.

REO was my first concert in 1981. Billy Squier opened for them. Saw them again a couple years later with Survivor. Didn't see them again until 2017 when they played at the Biltmore House.

They are definitely one of my favorite bands.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back