mindcrime1988
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Apr 17, 2011
- Messages
- 1,734
- Reaction score
- 2,760
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Colorado Springs
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, Nokta Triple Score, BlissTool & Pulsedive
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
- #1
Thread Owner
The title pretty much says it all. Is anybody willing to share or know where to look for old maps which show stagecoach routes, train lines, Native American trails or logging roads for Upper Michigan? Obviously anything which shows stops along these routes/roads would be key. I am looking for anything to research pre 1900. Thanks.
I'm just seeing if anybody else is willing to share some of their knowledge on where else to look. I'll go ahead and give out one of my great sources for an amazing use on maps. Anybody living in the Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan and northern parts of Iowa areas can order copies of original land surveyors plats and field notes from the 1840s and 1850s from a company named TRYGG LAND OFFICE. These are pretty detailed and show lots of nice researchable items.






