What's new

Results from 51 boxes of pennies

dp2013

Full Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Just finished hand sorting 51 boxes of Customer Wrapped rolls of cents. I picked the boxes up at a local bank in late October. The vault teller was more than happy to sell them to me. She said they came from a penny drive at a church. She was about to schedule a pick-up to get rid of them.
Some day I’ll search the copper for errors but the zinc will have to go back into the wild without being checked. I just don’t have the time. I’ve got 38 rolled boxes of zinc to return.
The 1982's were weighed and the 3.1 grams are counted in the copper totals.

The results of 51 boxes or 2550 rolls or 127,500 cents (not counting extras):
30,451 copper or 23.88% (I normally find about 21-22% in this area)
456 wheats (31 dated from 1911 to 1939) the rest 1940-58 (no key dates)
176 canadian copper
404 2009 lincoln cents (mostly series 1 & 2)
262 extra ($2.62 profit)
28 dimes ($2.80 profit)
5x 1943 steel
4x 2 cent euro
4x british one penny
3x Bahamas cent
3x counterstrikes
2x Indian Heads (both 1907’s)
And one each of: 1985s proof, 5 cent euro, Pakistan one rupie, cayman island one, Urraca cent, Bermuda cent, Barbados cent, british new penny and a 10 feninga
 
Upvote 0
dang that's a lot of cents. Maybe since shake-n-bake seems to have shaken-n-booked you could be the new cent king/queen. :notworthy:
 
I guess your the new Shak-N-Bake untill he comes back :icon_thumleft: Nice finds!
 
WOW!!! That's a lot of hand sorting!! :o

Until the jury comes in, I don't know that being a new Shake-n-Bake would be a good thing. I'm still hoping that there's a good reason for his absence and not living up to his obligations.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Wow, thats pretty great getting all those wheats, even thought it was a small mountain of pennies. :) How long did it take you to go through them all? ;D
 
geeze! I cant imagine going through that much change. Nice work.
 
"Wow, thats pretty great getting all those wheats, even thought it was a small mountain of pennies. How long did it take you to go through them all?"

It took 60 days. Almost a box a day. I normally do a box a week so I guess I stepped it up a little. I'm going to take a long break now but I still have a sweet deal with the vault teller so I'll be stock piling some boxes for searching later.
 
Nice job on the 43's. you never hear about them anymore. Good job!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom