What's new

Results from todays box of pennies. 1909 V.D.B.!!

alkoz

Full Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2006
Messages
136
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lansdowne, Pa
Well, got a box of pennies from the bank today. Havent got a box in a while. I think i made out good today
Here are the results.

1x 1909 V.D.B in xf condition, still has some shine to it. Too bad theres no S.
1x 1927
1x 1929
1x 1937
1x 1944
2x 1946
1x 1947D
1x 1951
1x 1953D
1x 1954D
1x 1954S
1x 1955D
1x 1956D
1x1957D
1x 1958
1997 Canadian penny
15 unc. copper lincolns
 
Upvote 0
That is a very nice box of pennies. Congrats on the VDB.
 
That's a great box!

I'm averaging about 12 wheats per box in the houston area, but the earliest one I've found is a 44.

I did find an 1887 indian in one box. it would grade a P1 corroded and damaged. (looks like someones dig)
 
springcypress said:
That's a great box!

I'm averaging about 12 wheats per box in the houston area, but the earliest one I've found is a 44.

I did find an 1887 indian in one box. it would grade a P1 corroded and damaged. (looks like someones dig)

12???
How many boxes have you gone through so far?
I'm in Houston, too. I average 5-6 per box based on 1.7 mil searched this year.

Congrats Alkoz, nice box!
 
TXTim said:
springcypress said:
That's a great box!

I'm averaging about 12 wheats per box in the houston area, but the earliest one I've found is a 44.

I did find an 1887 indian in one box. it would grade a P1 corroded and damaged. (looks like someones dig)

12???
How many boxes have you gone through so far?
I'm in Houston, too. I average 5-6 per box based on 1.7 mil searched this year.

Congrats Alkoz, nice box!

I'm averaging 18 per box.
 
In Phoenix I'm averaging 6.7 wheaties in a box, so far ytd.

TXtrim. << I average 5-6 per box based on 1.7 mil searched this year.>> Really? 1.7 mil pennies already this year? Dang dude, you're humping it!

1.7 mil in 34 weeks is about 50 thou a week, or 20 boxes a week.

I've been busy trying to buy some good real estate in this down market (Buying at auctions, and trustee sales and the likes) Makes it tough to get time to do pennies. I"m lucky to average 3 boxes a week, and I thought i was doing well.

Wow. Good job on the volume. YOur wheat collection must really be grwoing.

How you doing on IHs? I only have 2 so far this year.
 
14 a box....but i havnt done any in awhile
 
Awesome!!! Congrats on the 09. the oldest I have found so far is a 10(besides the Indian I lucked up and found) Anytime you find an 09 its a good day!!!

-K
 
Ran through a box of pennies today. 13 Wheats and 10 Canadians.

Canadians: 63 x2, 64, 70, 74, 84, 87, 91, 2000, 06

Wheats:
09
40
42
51-S
52
53-D x 2
55
55-D
56-D x2
58
58-D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom