Re: Returning your discards
I timed it last night, since it is a topic of discussion. I feel blessed with the bank coin counter I now have here (It is new, at a new bank). I discarded $2,000 in halves and $125 in pennies (Minus what I kept, so probably $1,997 in halves and $100 in pennies. I keep pre 1982) Plus some loose change I had in my pockets from the past week of getting it back from stores. It took me 14 minutes, but that is becaus they had to replace the 50 cent bag for me. It had to be empty when i started, because it took $1,000 exactly to fill it. When i left it wasn't full the second time yet, but it was within about $2 of full. :-)
Anyway, 14 minutes to do pennies AND halves, and both in LARGE quantities. PLus a few quarters and things. My total receipt was for $2101.07, so that had to be pretty accurate.
SOmeone asked me the name of teh machine. I'll look next time I go (Probably next Friday again).
I'd rather have some of your luck with SILVER than have a great counter. It doesn't tke me much time ot return my coins, but the problem is that I DO return my coins. Almost NO silver. My AVERAGE box is now LESS THAN ONE SILVER. I'be done 26 boxes, wiating for that mythical awesome one, but have found only 1-90% and 15- 40%. And 11 of the 16 came in one box. My second best box is still TWO total. And my MAJORITY have been SKUNKS.
But I have a great coin counter. :-)
John