Reviews on Delta 4000

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to clarify, are you looking for professional reviews (i.e., links to reviews online) or TN user reviews (which is basically the same as your pros and cons request in the other thread)? Just trying to figure out what additional info I can provide beyond my post in your other Delta 4000 thread to help you out.

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Digger

Mar 29, 2016
Boyd County, KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150', Fisher F22, Garrett pro pointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just to clarify, are you looking for professional reviews (i.e., links to reviews online) or TN user reviews (which is basically the same as your pros and cons request in the other thread)? Just trying to figure out what additional info I can provide beyond my post in your other Delta 4000 thread to help you out.

Just any info, I posted this one by accident. My phone was acting up and I though the other one didn't send.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got it. Check out my response in the other thread. I updated it just now to clarify some of the info. If the terminology is confusing, just ask specific questions. It was my second detector and has found coins my other more expensive detectors have missed in the same area, so it IS capable for the price. For that reason and because it makes a great detector for newbies who might want to hunt with me, I have hung onto it.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great detector for the money. I've posted at length about the Delta for the last year or so and you can check out my posts. If you're worried that it won't serve you well you can stop worrying immediately. It will.

I've since upgraded to an Omega but I'll never part with the Delta. It's a great detector that WILL find lots of treasure. It's also really easy to use, has an excellent pinpoint feature and great depth. It loves round objects like coins and rings. The batteries last for around 20 hours and it's so lightweight you'll NEVER get tired of swinging it.

Last edited:

eureka77

May 8, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
tek.alpha2000
Nokta Fores Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't have one personally but my buddy bought one 2 days ago and gave her a first run today at the park and he killed it! 1 14k gold nugget ring at 6-7", rang up to at 91. A gold cross charm, and over a dollar in odd clad. Just a couple hours hunting. The pinpoint & ID from what I seen was dead on the money. Up to the deepest target which was that ring. I was very impressed! I'm getting one for back up to replace the alpha 2000 when I get a little extra.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't have one personally but my buddy bought one 2 days ago and gave her a first run today at the park and he killed it! 1 14k gold nugget ring at 6-7", rang up to at 91. A gold cross charm, and over a dollar in odd clad. Just a couple hours hunting. The pinpoint & ID from what I seen was dead on the money. Up to the deepest target which was that ring. I was very impressed! I'm getting one for back up to replace the alpha 2000 when I get a little extra.

Yup. For the money it's a fantastic detector. My Delta found me many rings including quite a few silver and gold ones. I found another 10K class ring and a silver pendant with it on my first hunt this year.

It's also worth noting that it'll hit a little deeper in AM mode too; plus the VDI still works in AM. Those are great features for the price range.

SuperShaun

May 20, 2016
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Delta 4000, Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got one last week. I really have alot to learn on this MD. In trashy area don't run in discrimination mode do all metal mode or you'll be digging all iron/aluminum targets like I did today lol. But we live and we learn.

Keep swinging my friends!

driftless

Sep 21, 2015
SE MN
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000, F 70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great machine! I learned a great deal about the hobby with mine and the better you get, the better it gets. Keep it fun!

Kwillie

May 28, 2016
Galveston Tx
Detector(s) used
Teknetics D 4000
Minelab excalibur II
Minelab go find 20
Garrett AT Pro.
Garrett ATX Deepseeker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love mine great for discrimination and coin shooting. Excal for the beach. 20160604_174754.jpg

thekspapa

Jul 11, 2016
Ne oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000, mine lab 305, at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have one. I really liked it. It's all I could afford at the time. I only wish I could've gotten an 11" dd coil. Only thing I don't like is the 1/8" headphone jack. It has good Vdi numbers. But I borrowed my sons atpro now the 4000 sits in the closet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread