Ringy and Dingy No Necter - More like rotten garbage

rjs123

Dec 14, 2009
Richmond VA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Deep Tech Vista Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So... I went detecting yesterday and the land owner told me, "the goofy Diggers guys were here last year." He also said people who have been digging in his field since then have been finding tokens they left behind. He showed me one they gave him and said people have been finding quite a few in his field. I found one towards the end of the day.

Do they do this crap everywhere?

Not sure what they are trying to prove by leaving there trash coins behind but I think it really sucks!

Attachments

• diggerscoin.jpg
    diggerscoin.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 186
Upvote 0

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seen some youtube hooligans leaving some kind of tags in their dug hole before refilling.Its a fairly crappy thing to do.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sheesh...maybe lighten up..its interesting enough that you kept it.its all in fun for goodness sakes.

OP
OP
rjs123

rjs123

Dec 14, 2009
Richmond VA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Deep Tech Vista Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sheesh...maybe lighten up..its interesting enough that you kept it.its all in fun for goodness sakes.
Sorry but I see no reason to lighten up. They didnt just leave this one, they left several of them. Sure I kept one so I could show people what idiots they are. Everyone who I talk to about metal detecting thinks these guys are setting the hobby back. Land owners and other people who metal detect.

I wonder how they would like it if I knew where their next dig was going to be and left a bunch of my tokens there.

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is like a guy I met about 30 years ago that carried a pocketful of cents and when he dug something old, he'd drop a cent in the hole "to keep other hunters busy", as he put it.

Scott

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
This is something called 'free advertising'.

...and apparently it's working quite well.

Juice in the hole

Mar 22, 2014
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm...I think that would be kind of cool to find, but there again I like the show. Do they value it towards purchases on their web store? Maybe you could cash it in on something? That or put it up for sale on ebay. I'm sure somebody would like to have it and I bet It's worth more than a clad penny. :thumbsup:

Either way I wouldn't get too worked up about it. If I became angry every time I dug an iffy signal that turned out to be junk, I would have had a stroke by now.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that is some funny sh*t right there :skullflag:

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
RJS123 I totally agree with you. If it was just one or even one for each of them then it might be kind of a neat novelty but leaving large numbers of them is a sorry thing to do. I think they bring out the worst in new hunters and people who get into the hobby for the wrong reasons. I see a lot of people out whom Ive never seen detecting before, some I know, most I don't know. The people I do know I asked how they got interested and they attribute it to the Diggers show, or that really bad one with the guy that was a pro wrestler or something and took his group out and tore up everything in sight. Anyway....these folks have no idea how to dig properly, leave stuff as you found it, etc etc. I have offered to help but they never take me up on it...... I have one piece of land I had permission to hunt on with several old house foundations and cellars. Long story short, He also let one of these other guys I know hunt there, no big deal, plenty of room to go around, but he ended up leaving HUGE holes around one of the cellars and also left trash behind on his land,(food wrappers, soda bottles) and of course now NO ONE has permission to hunt the place anymore. Off my soapbox now....Mark

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my goodness...pm me...I'll give you a buck for it.prolly make a profit.the land is not littered with these tokens.if this is the worst thing you can think of this week......think isis...nuff said...but I will give a buck for every one found and pay postage....now its a good find right?

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I up it to three bucks after looking into it...those are gonna be collectable.I want every one you can dig...up to 20 of em...gonna put them away for a short spell

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 and CTX 3030. Garrett Pro Pointer and Garrett AT pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess it isn't such " rotten garbage " after all. Wow, $3.00 is $3.00 and one man's rotten garbage is another man's treasure. I would be going back looking for more. Just saying.

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be happy to dig one of these. I think it would be cool to have. I might think otherwise if I dug half a dozen but just the one would be cool. Like Bigfoot1 said, I wiould buy it.

JimK

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
not a single one on ebay...lots of fans of the show in the general population....lets see...surely a demand...scarse to no supply...hmmmm.I would list one for 10 bucks and see what happens.

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 and CTX 3030. Garrett Pro Pointer and Garrett AT pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ATC 004.JPG

I never sell my finds for any amount but do give some to detecting friends.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it worth anything? Like towards a detector or something? Does it serve a purpose?

Cache hunters have been known to leave a piece of modern trash in a hole once a cache is found to let others know that they were on the right trail but that one has been recovered. But I don't see the reason for leaving them where just about anything was dug up. I don't know, maybe it just me, it kinda would tick me off, like someone throwing pennies down for me to find.

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya know I watch the show once in a while but.......... I've been detecting since 1982 I've never heard or used the term nectar used in TH'ing. Don

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the show and the guys, and leaving one token behind on a single property is a cool idea, but if they are leaving 10+, that's just wasting people's time. We should be working together, not against each other.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So... I went detecting yesterday and the land owner told me, "the goofy Diggers guys were here last year." He also said people who have been digging in his field since then have been finding tokens they left behind. He showed me one they gave him and said people have been finding quite a few in his field. I found one towards the end of the day.

Do they do this crap everywhere?

Not sure what they are trying to prove by leaving there trash coins behind but I think it really sucks!

When I saw it I was going to say :icon_thumleft: Cool Find :icon_thumright:
however If they are scattering them like Trash :(
Like Archies do to ruin sites :( that's Not cool :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions