What's new

Rogue compact ??

johnnycat

Bronze Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2007
Messages
1,527
Reaction score
336
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shelbyville, IN.
Detector(s) used
Legend and Nokta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this yesterday. I think it is a rogue compact. On one of the back lids it says: Distributed by Doraldina Cosmetics Inc. New York. Any idea when this company was in business? Thanks
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0499 (640x482).webp
    DSCF0499 (640x482).webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 281
this one is marked AIRSPUN rouge COTY 'Sub Deb' magnet red
art deco scribe on the lid
 

Attachments

  • 01010008.webp
    01010008.webp
    58.8 KB · Views: 275
Upvote 0
You have to watch out for those "rogue" compacts. They will attack without warning! :wink: I think it's spelled ruge or rouge, but I can't spell gud either. But I read pretty gud. I think that's what you found but I can't date it, sorry. Just funning you a little but very nice find. Monty
 
Upvote 0
johnnycat said:
Found this yesterday. I think it is a rogue compact. On one of the back lids it says: Distributed by Doraldina Cosmetics Inc. New York. Any idea when this company was in business? Thanks

Only newspaper article I could find was an advertisement for Doraldina Face Powder which sold for 4 for $1.00. That is what may have been in your little compact. This was in the Syracuse Herald, Syracuse, New York on 4 May 1939.

I'll see if I can locate anything else.

Here's an article about the Airspun.
 

Attachments

  • 12-5-2008 8-30-54 AM.webp
    12-5-2008 8-30-54 AM.webp
    106.4 KB · Views: 191
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom