• 1955dime.jpg
    1955dime.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,975
Upvote 0

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
I agree on the bicentenial quarters - spend them. I have seen more of those in my change and very nice ones. I think people are tired of hoarding something that most likely will not be worth much more than face value. Of coarse if everyone starts "dumping" them the nice ones might become worth something....

As for the silver dimes. I just sold a couple sets of silver roosevelts on ebay. Both set came with a whitman folder. The one set of 44 silver dimes went for aprox $20. That comes out to about .50 per dime. These were "circulated" dimes. I imagine that a set that was in EF or UNC would go for more like $1.00 per dime.

Good deal on the silver dimes finds. Probably less work than diggin.

Bob

OP
OP
JandM

JandM

May 8, 2005
killerwine said:
1955- S

EF-40 $.80

MS-63 $2.00

MS-65 $5.00

Those where the only three prices in my 2006 Red Book. Silver is always nice! HH

Thank you Killerwine....I'll have to go on ebay and get me one of those books .....

A

AK in KY

Went through 17 rolls of dimes yesterday. Found 1 1964. More than I thought I would find.

AK in KY

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go through my dug coins and roll them when my coffe cans are about full.? Just doing that is the most boring thing in the world to me, even if I occasional find something worth keeping.? Wow, I don't know how you guys and gals can go through all that change and enjoy it!? The banks here won't even break a twenty unless you have an account!? I think I'm going to open a checking account with this one bank.....deposit all those old lawnmower chewed up and corroded pennies just because they were such a$$holes last time I needed some change!?I dropped by the lobby only wanting change for a twenty and they had to call the manager who refused to give me change! Then I am going to take a seat in the lobby of "my" bank and watch them count all that crap! Am I vindictive?? Hell yes! Then as soon as I get all those nasty junk coins deposited, close the account with a personal check, buying rolls of "good" coins from my credit union!? Excellent!? Monty

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
Only have had one problem...A teller told me she couldn't GIVE me $300 in dimes because I didn't have an account...I told her I really didn't expect her to GIVE the dimes to me, although that would have been nice of her, I would trade 3 $100 bills for them ...no dice...

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
killerwine said:
Only have had one problem...A teller told me she couldn't GIVE me $300 in dimes because I didn't have an account...I told her I really didn't expect her to GIVE the dimes to me, although that would have been nice of her, I would trade 3 $100 bills for them ...no dice...

I guess we all just have an account at EACH bank in town and keep the minimum amount in each bank. Then whenever we want coins just run in there and trade them cash for them.

My bank has no problem giving me whatever I ask for. At first they were a bit hesitant and confused. Now they just smile when they see me and ask what type of coins I want that day and how much, haha. Then they just give a quick call downstairs to their vault and send up what I need.

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
My own bank has five branches in town so I'm fortunate...They ALL know me know and ask what I've found. Thinking about opening an account at B of A because their rolls are clear plastic...quite a time saver! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread