What's new

Safari coil

wentong81

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 28, 2017
Messages
4
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro;Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
want to detect a deeper coil, about 15 inches, but do not know which one is more appropriate?

1.NEL Thunder 14.5x10.5" Search Coil
2.Coiltek 15" (WOT) All Terrain Search Coil
3.CORS Fire 15” DD Search Coil
4.NEL Attack 15" Search Coil

NEL coil and CORS coil is the same company?
Combined with my needs, please give me a recommendation, thank you.
 
All your choices would work fine. CORS and NEL are virtually identical. I have both the 15" WOT and NEL Attack on my Excaliburs and my E-trac. I like the Attack slightly better (and it's cheaper). I find it a bit more stable, pin points better, and gets slightly more depth. I haven't personally tried the Thunder, but, for max depth, you might look at the NEL Big also. As a side note, I found I needed a sling with all those big coils to handle the extra weight. I can hunt all day with them now.
 
I have the 15" WOT and that is now my main coil, I have found so much more with that coil over the stock and a 5x9. Here is a pic of what I found this year and most of it was with the 15". Most of it was found at the same parks I detected before with the other coils.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485649606.897170.webp

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485649627.150070.webp
 
If you get any 15" get a sling, you can go for hours as long as you have one....
 
All your choices would work fine. CORS and NEL are virtually identical. I have both the 15" WOT and NEL Attack on my Excaliburs and my E-trac. I like the Attack slightly better (and it's cheaper). I find it a bit more stable, pin points better, and gets slightly more depth. I haven't personally tried the Thunder, but, for max depth, you might look at the NEL Big also. As a side note, I found I needed a sling with all those big coils to handle the extra weight. I can hunt all day with them now.

thanks.
 
Ns,Thanks.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom