What's new

San Diego Famosa Slough

Nickt

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2012
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone ever md in the Famosa Slough under the 8 freeway in San Diego? There use to be some drilling operations conducted there back in the early 1900's apparently. It is a wetlands preserve now, but I thought it may be worth checking it out.
 
Interesting? Looking at it on Google.
Never have been there.
Im a bit north in Oceanside.
Is it ok to go tromping around in a preserve....? :icon_scratch:
 
Hi I went to the Northern half of it tonight, definitely not md friendly. Basically there is one small trail to walk on and you can't leave the trail to explore further. I ended up going to Coronado beach. Didn't find much. . .36 cents and a bottle opener lol. Make any good finds up in your neck of the woods?
 
Looked at its web site and it looks like you'd be slogging around in a bog. Not fun.

I try to work a few city parks into my commute and maybe a beach on the way home but no Valuables yet.

Did find a $10.00 1906 Copper Hunan coin (it's Chinese) at a playground in Rancho Bernardo and a pin given by Disneyland to people who have performed at the park at a beach in Carlsbad.

Other than that lots of coinage and trash.
 
Nice. Same here, lots of coins and one ring. I am looking for money but relics are even better. I love all sorts of history and vintage equipment so I am going to stay consistant and put in as many hours as I can. I have a wife and kids so I have to plan carefully.
 
Tonights haul at Coronado beach: 5 quarters, 2 dimes, 1 penny and a womans gold ring.

ForumRunner_20120624_012209.webp
 
Hey fastback, did you ever read anything about the Spanish Galleon "Trinidad" that supposedly went down off Oceanside in 1540?
 
Last nights finds on Coronado beach and Liberty Station playground in San Diego. 5 quarters, 4 dimes. 6 pennies and a zippo lighter.

ForumRunner_20120701_061917.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom