What's new

SanJose shards?

Louisa

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2006
Messages
42
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ouchita Mountains, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
My ex used to wreck dive and I've held onto these for many years. If I remember correctly he told me they were from the SanJose. Any idea of the value?
 

Attachments

  • sanjose.webp
    sanjose.webp
    8 KB · Views: 535
  • sanjose.webp
    sanjose.webp
    8 KB · Views: 538
  • sanjose2.webp
    sanjose2.webp
    7 KB · Views: 585
Those might be 1/2 Reale or maybe 1 Reale. Mexico mint. I see ones like that going for usually less than $100 on the Net. But many are less, I guess it all depends on the year, and quality, such as Fine-F, Very Fine-VF and Extra Fine XF. Many are worn badly and of course these dont bring much. Yours are in good shape, and easy to see the markings. If I was you I would hang on to them.
 
Was that the San Jose near Islamorada in the Keys?
 
Yes sir, that's correct.

I have 1 or 2 more of these and can't find them, too may moves in the last couple of years, but on one piece the markings are very clear front and back.

Thank you for your feedback
 
Great looking cobs. Nice pics :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom