What's new

Scabbard throat to ?

Digger54

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
659
Reaction score
892
Golden Thread
0
Location
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, Bandido II, Sovereign GT, Fisher1280X, Nautilus DMCIIB, Deus2, Manticore.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Civil War site. Has a rivet fixed to top. Very stiff sheet brass. 2 small holes on back side of sheet metal behind rivet. As a long shot was hoping someone would recognize it as being part of something.

Now ID'd as a scabbard throat.
 

Attachments

  • brass1.webp
    brass1.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 272
Re: Flattened Brass sleeve to ?

kinda looks like a flattened bayonet frog
 
Upvote 0
Re: Flattened Brass sleeve to ?

Hi Dan. You got me pointed in the right direction. I started looking up Frogs and from what I see this item appears to be a Scabbard throat. I'm sure it is a bayonet throat as it is not wide enough to accomodate a sword. Just have to try to narrow down what bayonet.
 
Upvote 0
A pattern 1828 bayonet scabbard throat,

A Gent by the name of Mark Daughtrey in another forum specfically ID'd the scabbard throat. Thought I would share the ID.

Now I have to go back and dig all those iron signals as the bayonet must be out there too!
 

Attachments

  • scabbard.webp
    scabbard.webp
    5.1 KB · Views: 159
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom