What's new

Scoop advice?

Tejaas

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2012
Messages
827
Reaction score
1,019
Golden Thread
0
Location
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't beach hunt, so I was hoping if one of y'all could provide insight into whether or not a well-made sand scoop would hold up against marble to golfball sized gravel like the stuff we have here in our Texas rivers.

I'd imagine eventually the aluminum lip would fold up, right?

Who makes the best sand scoop?
 
Upvote 0
invest money into a good stavr scoop and it will serve you for many years
 
Reilly's treasured gold (rtg) in pompano beach fl.

Have aluminum water scoops with stainless steel tips that would probably do just fine!
I love their products, built to last!
 
Last edited:
Those are all great water and sand scoops. Trust me, they don't work on bedrock streams and rivers.
 
I believe the Stealth would be to long for your needs. the aluminum RTG with a SS tip is a good suggestion. No matter what you use its going to take a beating in those conditions. If you arent in the water id use a shovel .... possibly the ditch digging one with holes for drainage. You are going to put a lot of torque so im not sure one of the larger 8" would hold up. Also take a look at the rounding of the nose on the scoop you plan to copy..... they tend to roll on you in hard pan, shells, and rocks.

dew
 
Make several heavy duty scoops.

Send them to me for testing.

I'll send you evaluation reports discussing the pro's and con's of each scoop. You should be able to make a better scoop because of the properly conducted research.

Oh, and it needs to be better than what I already have, the Stealth.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom