What's new

scrap yard will not take bikes

hobo finds

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
276
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
They will not take bikes with tires on them. New rule as I have scraped bikes with tires in the past.
 
wino / bum type person steals a bike rides it to scrap yard and sells it ( he gets enough to get drunk on in the process) -- the "no tires" rule prevents this from happening as bums are too dang lazy to carry the "tireless" bike any distance .
 
ivan salis said:
wino / bum type person steals a bike rides it to scrap yard and sells it ( he gets enough to get drunk on in the process) -- the "no tires" rule prevents this from happening as bums are too dang lazy to carry the "tireless" bike any distance .

I would ride the bike there and then get rid of the tires!
 
Easier to put em out front with a for sale sign & chain em to a tree. tires hold air = $20 Tires flat -$10 Around here you'll end up with two or three guys that'll buy what ever you got in any condition. I wish I could come across more. One guy I talked to buys em at thrift stores for $5 washes em up & resells em from his front yard for $25 - $30. Beats spending gas & time to haul em to the junk yard.
 
Bicycle tires would only take a pair of snippers and they would be gone even a razor. Now the motorcycle tires are a bit tougher but they too can be cut off with a razor or grind them off with a grinder. Remember where there is a will there is a lawsuit.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom