scrap yard will not take bikes

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
wino / bum type person steals a bike rides it to scrap yard and sells it ( he gets enough to get drunk on in the process) -- the "no tires" rule prevents this from happening as bums are too dang lazy to carry the "tireless" bike any distance .

OP
OP
H

hobo finds

Mar 15, 2010
ivan salis said:
wino / bum type person steals a bike rides it to scrap yard and sells it ( he gets enough to get drunk on in the process) -- the "no tires" rule prevents this from happening as bums are too dang lazy to carry the "tireless" bike any distance .

I would ride the bike there and then get rid of the tires!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easier to put em out front with a for sale sign & chain em to a tree. tires hold air = $20 Tires flat -$10 Around here you'll end up with two or three guys that'll buy what ever you got in any condition. I wish I could come across more. One guy I talked to buys em at thrift stores for $5 washes em up & resells em from his front yard for $25 - $30. Beats spending gas & time to haul em to the junk yard.

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
Bicycle tires would only take a pair of snippers and they would be gone even a razor. Now the motorcycle tires are a bit tougher but they too can be cut off with a razor or grind them off with a grinder. Remember where there is a will there is a lawsuit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread