What's new

Scraper and Flaking question-see pics

Joined
Sep 18, 2011
Messages
338
Reaction score
175
Golden Thread
0
Attached is an image of a piece that I have a question on. From what I can tell, it may be a scraper and Uniface. It has an extremely steep edges, and what I would consider parallel flaking. It is broken, but I would suspect it the original piece would've been about the size of half your thumb. Based on the flaking patterns, what would call this? It was from a farmsite in northern Illinois.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    98.4 KB · Views: 64
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    135.2 KB · Views: 61
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    114.2 KB · Views: 63
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    142.6 KB · Views: 64
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    111.4 KB · Views: 70
Upvote 0
Unless the photos are fooling my eyes, I would call that an intact thumbnail scraper. It looks like it was a small piece of debitage that they decided to take a few carefully controlled pressure flakes from to make a little scraping tool. HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom