What's new

Scraper maybe?

EricTheCat

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2011
Messages
494
Reaction score
546
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is another curious find from the local farm fields. I have been working on finding some better permissions but it hasn't been easy getting a hold of land owners. In the mean time, the local fields are in good condition so at least they get me out looking. I'm mostly trying to determine if the sharp edge looks intentional or if this is just another incidentally broken piece. The material is a type of oolitic chert that is very common around here.

One thing unusual about this piece is that the majority of the (potentially) altered side has a rougher texture than the indentations along the edge does. Almost like the surface was ground down or something after being shaped. The edge itself has a smoother look like typical edge sharpening.

I appreciate any opinions and trust me I'll continue to try to find something better to share. :)

Scraper-Img_3935SSS.webp
Scraper-Img_3942SSS.webp
Scraper-Img_3946SSS.webp
Scraper-Img_3938SSS.webp
Scraper-Img_3939SSS.webp
Scraper-Img_3941SSS.webp
Scraper-Img_3944SSS.webp
Scraper-Img_3945SSS.webp
Scraper-Img_3940SSS.webp

Thanks for looking.
 
Upvote 0
Turn to the left. It's a effigy. That all I can say for now.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
It is not an effigy, in fact it is iffy if the chips on it are even man made, I also see no secondary flaking either. Better quality pictures would help.
 
You guys believe what you want. I will not change my position.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
It looks natural to me. No definitive man made flaking.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom