What's new

Scraper..?

GroundS.KeepeR

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
872
Reaction score
213
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee
scraper or a small axe? :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • scraper 015.webp
    scraper 015.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 336
Upvote 0
Looks to be a base of what would have been an early and super fine point. Notice the thinning flakes removed towards the bottom. That would have been a super piece (I bet).

Chuck
 
ohio said:
Looks to be a base of what would have been an early and super fine point. Notice the thinning flakes removed towards the bottom. That would have been a super piece (I bet).

Chuck
I'll keep looking..gotta be something better out there!Thanks..
 
GroundS.KeepeR said:
I'll keep looking..gotta be something better out there!Thanks..

A lot of people hunt a long time and don't get that much of a paleo point, that's a great find.
 
Nice item to study and learn from. Good find :thumbsup:
 
Ive got a piece very similar to that one. If ya dont mind ill dig it out and post a pic of it here in a day or two.
 
joshuaream said:
GroundS.KeepeR said:
I'll keep looking..gotta be something better out there!Thanks..

A lot of people hunt a long time and don't get that much of a paleo point, that's a great find.
Thats what i like to hear! I have a bunch of flint of that kind found in the same area.. :headbang:
 
huntnman said:
Ive got a piece very similar to that one. If ya dont mind ill dig it out and post a pic of it here in a day or two.
Thanks hunt! cant wait t o see it..
 
Ok here it is. Maybe it aint as similar as i thought lol. The pics really stink(I need a new camera and learn to use it lol)



This one has a Basel flute or thinning flake drove off it

[attach2]

This side has a basel flute or flake drove off it.

I appologize for the crappy pics. Hope maybe you can see a little something on it. If anyone has any info on what this one might be let me know...it has some base grinding on it to. Wish the tip wasnt broke off.
 

Attachments

  • PICT0002.webp
    PICT0002.webp
    19 KB · Views: 200
  • PICT0011.webp
    PICT0011.webp
    15.8 KB · Views: 222
huntnman said:
Ok here it is. Maybe it aint as similar as i thought lol. The pics really stink(I need a new camera and learn to use it lol)




This one has 2 Basel flutes or thinning flakes drove off it

[attach2]

This side has 1 basel flute or flake drove off it.

I appologize for the crappy pics. Hope maybe you can see a little something on it. If anyone has any info on what this one might be let me know...it has some base grinding on it to. Wish the tip wasnt broke off.
not sure but i would start another thread on this..someone will figure it out!
 
Yeah I really thought it was more similar to yours than what it is. Funny how a memory gets fuzzy when ya aint seen something for 2-3years lol. Ohh well gave me an excuse to dig out some boxes i hadnt seen in a few years anyway lol.
 
huntnman said:
Yeah I really thought it was more similar to yours than what it is. Funny how a memory gets fuzzy when ya aint seen something for 2-3years lol. Ohh well gave me an excuse to dig out some boxes i hadnt seen in a few years anyway lol.
Lets see some mor :headbang:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom