search coil help

binky711r

Greenie
Feb 23, 2010
buffalo, new york
Detector(s) used
white's spectra V3, eclipse 5.3, bullseye pin pointer 2
i had just bought the new spectra v3 and i need to know some info on weather or not a added search coil would be good it comes standard with a 10"dd coil and i am looking to get something smaller for high trash areas. i have been looking at three types the eclipse 5.3, and the excellerator butterfly 8x6, and the eclipse elliptical. i have heard good things on both but really need someone to push me over the hump i don not know anyone who has this butterfly coil maybe you can help me in the right direction thank you for all your info

Toby1858

Mar 21, 2009
Springfield Mo.
Detector(s) used
Whites m6
I have the 5.3'' and man, is it nice to have in trashy spots! Plus the depth is suprisingly good, I have found mercs in compacted gravel around 5'' to 6'' down!! But you do get spoiled by the ease of swinging the light coil. So make sure you switch coils in non-trashy areas to increase finds! :icon_profileleft:

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I would go with the 5.3 eclipse. the reason being, the 5.3 is a concentric versus the
butterfly which is basically a DD which, unless your used to it will take some time
plus the 5.3 will separate the trash better

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread